Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Altec Split 210 full range horn system on ebay

  1. #1
    Inactive Member rolandr's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have freq response with +/- dB response at certain distance.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lennart Bergqvist's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who the **** are you kidding. I don?t know from what side of the country you are coming from but this is too much. It seams that all you have to do is to load a box with an Altec woofer and BINGO you have an ALTEC LANSING something box.
    It seams that you think that the Altec community is a bunch of goof heads and that you can fool everybody with filling up the text lines. But you won?t fool me.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that the set-up is somewhat questionable. I understand if you think someone is trying to pull a fast one and we appreciate everyone's input, but at the same time we do try to be as respectful as possible on this site!

  4. #4
    Altec210
    Guest Altec210's Avatar

    Cool

    I have a split 210 system on ebay if anyone is interesed. Feel free to post any questions about this awsome system here or email me if you like and I will try to answer them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1
    or your look up ebay item# 3006296440

  5. #5
    Inactive Member RClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    respectful???????--------i have trouble understanding how anyone can state a horn with more than 3 cells is automatically going to have "confused sound"-------unless he is technically challenged-------if you ask me this guy is the one that is confused and tolerating his technical ignorance without comment degrades this wonderful site............RC

  6. #6
    Inactive Member RClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    roland-------they are not even 210's---------they are half the size of 210's with only a single woofer------- meaning their mouth is half the area and the flare rate is the same--------so they are "horn" loaded to twice the freq of a 210--------they would work to the loaded resonance of the driver BUT since they appear to be ported they would only be good to the port tuning frequency whatever that is------and since the efficiency of the sound below horn cutoff will be greatly reduced they will have a greatly stepped down LF response similar to an A-7 at best..............RC

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rolandr's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Richard I totally agree with you. But would it affect our enjoyment of music???

  8. #8
    Inactive Member rolandr's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WE ALL NEED SOME ANGER CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT!! I vaguely remember a story about adding a glass of water to the ocean....not altering our enjoyment of music?

    Yes a different speaker set up...so what! In the sweet spot I am sure it would sound great. Would it go down to the claimed 25Hz (the Fs of the 515B) very doubtfully. The 210 horn mouth opening and length only allows down to the 60s. I dont believe altering the rear space should have any significant effect on horn freq output.(JIM D help!!). Some horn experts here claim multicells are not as clear as the larger CD horns. Who knows. I don't think the guy is dishonest he just does not know any better. By the way I bought my last 210 for $20 (not $1200). Now I will promptly go to the nearby ocean and add another glass of water (perhaps via self relief) to allow continued good karma!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recall seeing this set-up on ebay a while back. I remember thinking it was fishy/ marginal/ questionable. In my response here I was not trying to enable mis-info or even trying to discourage negative feedback towards it. I am just stating that with a little thoughtfullness it can be done without being abusive. I rarely read some websites even though they contain a lot of great info because of the level of abuse people hurl at each other. It is much more disconcerting to me to see abuse than it is to see folks who are even more ignorant than myself post things here.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TVH's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2003
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a website detailing "chopping" 210/211 cabinets in half, and Aside from seeing these instructions ("destructions") I don't know a whole lot about it. I did imagine as to what effect this would have on the LF. The only thing I can guess,is that it would be for a "space" saving issue. I run A5's in the house currently (small room), but I look forward to the day when I find "space" for the 211's I am storing, rather than the day I take a rip saw to the 211's out of convenience. I took a look at those speakers that began this thread, and envision ONE possible positive outcome, that being someone choosing to give those a try over the "commercial" **** (my opinion)the "chain" stores might push on them in that price range ,and introduce them to "horns". I suppose "I would rather listen to those ,than anything Bose"...Even if you "may" need to supplement with a "sub".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.